Hours of Operation: 8:30 to 4:00
The Evidence Division maintains control of evidence that is seized in relation to a criminal case and found or recovered property for St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Seized in connection with an arrest
- Check with DA’s office to determine if still needed for criminal case
- DA’s office can elect to release the item from the criminal case
- File a Motion to Return Property with the courts in the docket that is assigned.
All other firearms - Found Property OR Suicide related
- Proof of Ownership needs to be presented
- If owner or purchaser is deceased, legal action will need to be taken on the estate such as succession or something similar.
- The weapon of interest needs to be listed in the succession.
ANY PERSON REQUESTING A FIREARM TO BE RETURNED TO THEM WILL BE SUBJECTED TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO THE RELEASE BEING APPROVED.
Any Other Items Requested To Be Returned
- Proof of ownership may be required.
- Phone bill will be required to release phones.
Upon submittal form being completed, return contact will be made within the next couple of business days.