***St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office Highway Enforcement Unit Makes Arrest on Interstate 12, Seize Weapons and Narcotics from South Carolina man***
On Monday, February 7th, 2022, just after 3:00 PM, Detectives with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office Highway Enforcement Unit arrested a South Carolina man after conducting a traffic stop on Interstate 12 westbound near Highway 21 in Covington.
Detectives observed a black Buick Verano, bearing a South Carolina license plate, speeding and following vehicles at an unsafe distance. After successfully stopping the vehicle, the driver and sole occupant of the vehicle was identified as 28-year-old Quintrell L. Richardson of South Carolina.
Pursuant to a consensual search of the vehicle, approximately 44.62 grams of marijuana, 13 bags containing a variety of THC edibles (approximately 513.22 grams), drug paraphernalia, approximately 48 grams of Psilocybin Mushroom edibles, approximately 22 MDMA (Ecstasy) pills, 1 Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride pills (10 mg), and 4 semi-automatic rifles were located inside the car.
Richardson was placed under arrest for the following violations and transported to the St. Tammany Parish Correctional Center for booking:
- L.R.S. 32:61 – Speeding
- L.R.S. 32: 81 – Following Vehicles
- L.R.S. 40: 966C – Possession of a Sch. I CDS (Marijuana)
- L.R.S. 40:966C – Possession of a Sch. I CDS (Psilocybin Mushrooms)
- L.R.S. 40:966C – Possession of a Sch. I CDS (MDMA/Ecstasy)
- L.R.S. 40:1023 – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- L.R.S. 14:95E – Possession of a Firearm with Controlled Dangerous Substance
- L.R.S. 14:95.1 – Possession of Firearm by Convicted Felon
Sheriff Randy Smith stated, “The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office Highway Enforcement Unit continues to be very productive with arrests and seizures of narcotics and weapons. These hard-working deputies will continue to take weapons and drugs, from those involved in criminal activities, in order to ensure they do not make it to the streets of St. Tammany Parish.”