July 15, 2014  |  12:34 am

A St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s deputy was injured early Tuesday morning while trying to assist another deputy making a traffic stop on a vehicle that was reported stolen in Slidell.

At approximately 3 a.m. a K-9 deputy with the Sheriff’s Office attempted to make a traffic stop on a black Ford Mustang, which had previously been reported stolen through Slidell Police, in the parking lot of the Value Travel Inn on Yaupon Drive in Slidell. While attempting to detain the driver of that vehicle, the K-9 deputy, Sgt. Robert Edwards, became involved in a physical altercation with the driver, Frederick Jackson.

Meanwhile, the passenger of the vehicle, Starlet Overby, jumped into the driver’s seat and attempted to drive off.

As Overby was exiting the parking lot of the Value Travel Inn, she crashed the vehicle into another St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office vehicle which had responded to the scene to assist. Overby also came very close to striking the driver of that unit, Deputy Amanda Vasquez, and her partner, Deputy Edward Stone.

In an attempt to stop Overby, Deputy Stone shattered the driver’s side window and was able to gain control of the vehicle and detain Overby.

With the assistance of Slidell Police, K-9 deputies apprehended Jackson following a short foot pursuit.

Overby and Jackson were both transported to a local hospital and treated for injuries before being booked into the St. Tammany Parish Jail.

Starlet Dawn Overby (DOB 10/17/1973; 909 Crossgates Blvd., Slidell) was arrested on the following charges:

14:30A Attempted First-Degree Murder (three counts)

14:108:1 Aggravated Flight from an Officer (two counts)

14:55 Aggravated Criminal Damage

 Frederick James Jackson (DOB 12/17/1979; 2797 Eighth Street, Slidell) was arrested on the following charges:

14:108:2 Resisting a Police Office with Force (two counts)

14:69 Illegal Possession of Stolen Things

32:79 Improper Lane Use

32:232 Ignoring Traffic Signal

Deputy Stone sustained minor injuries to his hand and was transported to a local hospital, where he was treated and released.