Custodian of Records
P.O. Box 1120
Covington, LA 70434
The Criminal Records division comprises records of all criminal arrests, incidents and warrants. This division is responsible for maintaining the integrity of all agency police reports submitted by St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office (STPSO) enforcement and corrections personnel. The Criminal Records staff serves as an integral part of justice system, maintaining the timely flow of information to the proper authority for the judicial process to begin.
Agency reports are released in accordance with Louisiana Public Records Law, Title 44. For additional information related to crash reports, please refer to L.R.S. 32:389.
• Incident Report/Offense report - $10.00 for up to 20 pages; $.50 per page for 21+ pages
• Notice to Appear or Complaint Arrest Reports - $15.00 for up to 30 pages; $.50 per page for 31+ pages
• Accident Reports - $7.50
• Up to 1 hour - $15
• 1-2 hours - $20
• 2-3 hours - $25
• 3-5 hours - $30
• 5-6 hours - $35
Request for criminal history/background checks are provided documenting arrest information contained within the files of the STPSO only. Charge dispositions are housed by the Clerk of Court.
Criminal history/background checks requiring a more comprehensive search to include other entities and/or jurisdictions and ALL requests for criminal history/background checks on individuals who will be dealing with children or the elderly will be referred to the Louisiana State Police Criminal Records Section at (225) 925-1886. You may also want to view available services for background checks through the FBI by visiting: http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/fbi-resources.
• Self-check for employment - $15.00 for records 5 years or under
• Self-check for employment - $20.00 for records more than 5 years
• Check on someone other than the party making inquiry - $25.00 for records 5 years or under
• Check on someone other than the party making inquiry - $30.00 for records more than 5 years
• Adoption or other requiring notary service - $25.00 for records 5 years or under
• Adoption or other requiring notary service - $30.00 for records more than 5 years
701 North Columbia
Covington, LA 70433
St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Administrative Building
Counter and Drive-Up Kiosk
300 Brownswitch Road
Slidell, LA 70458
All warrants issued by STPSO personnel, Justices of the Peace for the Parish of St. Tammany and non-support, civil and juvenile attachments issued by the 22nd JDC Clerk of Court are maintained in the STPSO warrant database by warrant clerks. Information on outstanding STPSO warrants is available on the Public Notices page of this website.
If you have any questions, please call the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office Criminal Records Department at 985-809-8242