300 Brownswitch Rd.
Slidell, LA 70458
Phone: 985- 276-1200
Fingerprinting is performed at the Slidell Administrative Building (300 Brownswitch Road, Slidell - Front Building) at the cost of $10 per fingerprint card. Additional fees may apply if utilizing other fingerprinting services. Fingerprinting servicese are currently offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.
The new St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office Crime Lab is one of only seven in the State of Louisiana. It provides the 22nd judicial system with court qualified experts for criminal prosecution of crimes and is dedicated to providing prompt scientific analytical services to the citizens of St. Tammany and Washington Parishes.
The Crime Lab and Evidence Section is comprised of six units.
- The Crime Scene Unit is responsible for responding to offenses from thefts to complex scenes such as sexual assaults and homicides. Each scene is treated with the utmost concern for identifying, collecting, documenting, and preserving evidence. All personnel are members of The International Association for Identification (IAI) and several members are certified in the field of Crime Scene Investigation through the IAI.
- The Latent Print Unit of the Crime Lab is responsible for comparing unknown friction ridge impressions with known exemplars. The unit has access several databases which providethe agency with a unique advantage in the identification process of prints. Analysts also provide testimony and identification services for the court system in multiple offender proceedings.
- The Controlled Substances Analysis Unit is equipped with Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometers and a Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer which assists the analyst in the identification of controlled dangerous substances. The lab works closely with local law enforcement agencies as well as federal law enforcement agencies in the analysis of drug related evidence. Analysts complete a rigorous training protocol including but not limited to: pharmaceuticals, clandestinely manufactured substances, and designer compounds.
- The Trace Evidence Unit is responsible for analysis of microscopic material collected from evidence and/or crime scenes. At this time, analysis includes items that may have been in contact with primer gunshot residue. The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office has the only operating SEM in the state of Louisiana for analysis of primer gunshot residue and does accept cases from other jurisdictions. Please contact the Crime Lab for further information regarding pricing and submission requirements.
- The Digital Forensics Unit extracts information from computer, cellphones, and other electronic storage devices. The trained and experienced analysts are outfitted with the latest equipment and software for retrieval of digital information from these devices. Analysts are certified in the examination of computers by The International Association for Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS) and GPS devices by the Berla Corporation.
- The Evidence Unit is responsible for preserving and maintaining evidence collected by law enforcement and crime scene personnel. The Evidence Officers barcode and electronically track submitted evidence and maintain the chain of custody for evidence transfers between departments and the 22nd judicial system.
All sections of the St. Tammany Parish Crime Lab are afforded up-to-date training opportunities at seminars and training facilities all over the country. The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to expanding the knowledge of its employees with progressive technological advancements, which in turn, have directly reduced crime in the parish through scientifically proven, comprehensive solutions, resulting in rapid apprehension and arrest.
Additional details about hours of operation, services offered, request forms, and packaging requirements of the Crime Lab can be found in Lab Services: Guide to Collection, Submission, and Analysis.
In furtherance of our goal to provide quality services, we regularly assess the laboratory and staff. To assist us in this goal, we request that any feedback, comments, or concerns be emailed to Crime Lab management at email@example.com.
The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office Crime Lab is accredited under ISO/IEC 17025 in the field of forensic testing. The certificate of accreditation is issued by the ANSI/ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) in the fields of drug analysis and trace analysis. Refer to the certificate and scope of accreditation, FT-0020, for detailed information regarding specific analytical techniques.